Hey guys. The past week has been pretty eventful. Last friday, I went to work at United World College Southeast Asia. I was a teacher assistant for Ms Fraser. The Grade 2 kids are so adorable! I love working there. It happened to be Yoges mataji's birthday too. Nisha said they will call me when they need another teacher assistant again. (:
Saturday my parents brought me to Toa Payoh polyclinic for a heart checkup since my pains had increased in frequency and I was having palpitations and near-blackouts. They referred me to SGH A&E. There, I had ECGs done, blood tests too. The doctor first injected me and when he was halfway through, said "Oop! I hit a valve. Have to inject another vein." I was like WHAT?! Then he found another vein but it was too thin, and had to inject Again to draw blood. Sighs. He said my veins are too thin in both arms. I never recall this being said to me before. Hmm.. Then they kept me for observation till 6pm. I was supposed to go home, but they wanted to continue observing me overnight, so I got admitted. Had another blood test at night and one the following morning. Parents stayed the first day. Then mum's brothers(Nap and Ram) and elder sister came to visit with my cousin bro, Viki. They stayed till 2am cos that's when I finally fell asleep, albeit fitfully. The following day I got discharged in the afternoon. Mum and I were not happy cos the doctor didn't give a report of my admission, no further tests were done and they only gave me an appointment at the heart centre for a 2-d echo a YEAR later.
So dad called his friend, Dr Shankar, a heart consultant at Gleneagles and asked him for a review. I went to see him yesterday and he was angry that the doctor in SGH didn't give a proper report. He called them and demanded an early heart scan for me. He told me that my irregular heartbeats are worrying and that all doubts have to be cleared. He's pushing for the 2-d echo to see if the hole is growing. *Cross my fingers* I hope it's fine. Relatives on my Mum's side came to visit me on sunday. Almost all except for Gere. My nephew Sashi Kiran came too. I Love him!! They stayed till 11pm. A few relatives on dad's side came to visit for a while too- my uncle, his wife, bro, kid and my grandmother. Last night mani mataji and her husband came to visit. Appoi uncle is so funny. They were relieving part of his past. Before leaving, he said "Don't worry dear, everything will be fine." He has never spoken to me like that before, and that was really touching.. (: I hope things turn out fine. I sort of know what's going on. Though I have to sugar-coat reality for a few people since they seem to take things so badly. Just a few well-placed words here and there appeases them.
Oh, I'm gonna register for my driving tomorrow. hopefully Amirah can join me. (: We went for an interview yesterday morning at Suntec Tower 1. Prison break 3. Hahaha. It's an inside joke. As usual, we had a lot of fun. Once the clinic calls me and fixes the appointment, I can go register at Ubi. Can't wait! :P
Finally, I wish I could help You. This is so not what I expected. It has never ever happened before and I don't know how to handle it.
Well, this is it guys. My aunt might be coming over soon to see me. So I'm off. Have a nice week and I shall post when I can.
Loves,
Vithya (:
2:56 PM